Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Granola

Granola and yogurt is one of my favorite snacks and breakfasts. So when my husband and I talked about eating breakfast more consistently I thought I'd try to make my own granola and it was GREAT! I made mine plain because that's how I like it, but it you could also add dried fruit, nuts, and seeds to make it more nutritious. This recipe came from an old ward cookbook and was submitted by Janice Edwards. Another plus to making this recipe is that the molasses made my kitchen smell like I was baking gingerbread cookies! It was heavenly!

Granola

4 cups rolled oats or rolled grains (I used quick oats)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oil (I used vegatable)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together. Bake 10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet at 325 F. Stir and bake 10 more minutes. Add raisins, dried fruit, chopped nuts, or flax seed to taste after the grains have finished baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails