Thursday, January 28, 2010

Teriyaki Pork Marinade

I got this recipe from Ellie Krieger, the health food guru from the Food Network. The original recipe is titled "Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin," but where pork tenderloin is a spendy piece of meat, I used thin cut pork chops and it was delicious. I served it with garlic mashed potatoes and peas.


Teriyaki Pork Marinade

2 Tbl soy sauce

1 Tbl canola oil (I used vegetable oil)

1 Tbl brown sugar

1 Tbl dry sherry (I left this out as I don't cook with alcohol)

1 Tbl rice vinegar

1 garlic clove, minced (I used 1/4 tsp garlic powder)

1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger (I used 1/4 tsp ground ginger)

pinch of red pepper flakes

1 pound of pork

Combine ingredients in plastic bag and marinate at least 30 minutes (up to 8 hours) (I marinated for an hour and it was great!). Cook until pork is cooked thoroughly (the original directions said to broil the meat, but I cooked mine at 350*F until done).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails