Monday, July 13, 2009

Strawberry Lemonade

My husband L-O-V-E-S strawberry lemonade, especially from our favorite Mexican restaurant, and since I had some extra strawberry mush from making jam, I figured I would whip some up. It was delicious! The inspiration recipe came from cooks.com, but I didn't measure anything. This is great because it allows you to play with the amounts and make it just right for you and your family!

Strawberry Lemonade

Fresh or frozen strawberries
sugar
lemonade (can be homemade, reconstituted, etc.)

Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor until desired consistency (I like mine to be completely liquified, but some people like it chunkier). Add sugar (to taste) to strawberries until the mixture is sweet. Optional: Strain strawberry mixture to remove strawberry seeds. (I didn't do this, but would have liked it better this way) Add strawberry mixture to a pitcher of lemonade and stir until combined -or- add desired amount of strawberry mixture to a glass of lemonade and stir until combined. If desired, more sugar may be added if the lemonade is too tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails