Sunday, October 18, 2009

Libby's Pumpkin Pie

Ok, I know you can get this recipe just as easy by looking on the label of your canned pumpkin. However, I did make some substitutions to use powdered milk and I made my own pumpkin puree (I know it sounds crazy, but it was really easy, and it didn't have extra preservatives AND it was CHEAPER than buying a can of pumpkin). This was really good and it's nice to know I can make a yummy dessert using what I have in my pantry.

Libby's Pumpkin Pie
  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust (if you are making your own crust, you can use a regular pie dish, just crimp your crust edges so that they are high and can hold the filling inside the pie)
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin (or 1-3/4 cup pumpkin puree)
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk (or 1-1/2 cups water + 1 cup powdered milk)
  1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
  2. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean (don't judge its doneness by if it wiggles or not- my pie was still a little jiggly, but it firmed up as it cools. Check it by the knife method). Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails