Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Broccoli Quiche

I see poor Tari is stuck posting sweets, which I totally understand! I for once actually have a bunch of main dishes I've been meaning to put up, but always neglect. (Sweet things are ALWAYS what I'm trying out.)

Here's a recipe for broccoli quiche (amazing, I know, since that's the title of the post). I know some men wont eat quiche, so I suggest making it and telling them if they don't want it they can make their own dinner. My husband loves it!

1 onion, minced
1 t. garlic, minced (or 1/2 t. garlic powder)
2 c. chopped broccoli (or any kind of veggies, like mushroom and tomato in the pic above)
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
4 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 c. milk
salt and pepper
1 T. melted butter
1 9-inch pie shell

Preheat to 350*

1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, sautee onion, garlic, and broccoli until broccoli is tender. Spoon veggies into pie shell and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over them all.

2. Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter.

3. Pour egg mixture over the veggies and cheese in the pie shell. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center has set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails