Monday, November 30, 2009

Campbell's Cheesy Chicken Casserole

I'm not a usually a huge casserole person, but every once in a while I'll throw one together because they can save a ton of time and dishes! I tried this recipe last night, and it was good. I did 1.5x the recipe because we had company coming over and I wanted some leftovers for later in the week. It also took my casserole a little longer than 50 minutes to cook, I think it was closer to 60 minutes. Just make sure your chicken is cooked all the way through and that the rice is done, too.

Campbell's Cheesy Chicken Casserole

1 can (10 3/4 ounces)Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I used frozen broccoli cuts)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese


Heat the oven to 375°F. Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.

Top with the chicken. Season the chicken as desired (I used salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and then topped the breasts with the cheese called for in the recipe rather than adding it later). Cover the baking dish.

Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with the cheese. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails