Thursday, November 12, 2009

Chicken Croissants

This another recipe I remember my mom making when I was growing up, and I think it came from Pampered Chef. It is also a really easy dinner to pull together, especially if you cook your chicken ahead of time, cube it up, and then throw it in the freezer. It's also really kid friendly. If you notice from my picture, I didn't use the canned crescent rolls, I just made some of the Debbie's Roll dough that I have previously posted and used that instead. But I have used the canned crescent rolls before, I just find it cheaper and more filling to make my own dough.

Chicken Croissants

2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms (these are optional, but I never use them)
2 cans crescent rolls

Stir cream cheese, butter and pepper together. Fold in cooked chicken and mushrooms. Roll out rolls (put two triangles into a square) and put a big glob of the mixture in each roll and seal (so you'll end up folding the rectangle you created with your triangles in half). Cook at 325*F for 20 minutes or until golden brown on an ungreased cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails