Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chicken Salad

I skeptically made this dish a couple weeks ago. I didn't think that fruit would taste good mixed with chicken in some mayo. But it was delicious! Who'd have thought? We serve it on homemade pitas as a sandwich spread with either fresh fruit or salad on the side.


Chicken Salad

2 1/2 cups diced and chilled, cooked chicken meat (about 2 breasts)
1 cup chopped celery(optional- I didn't use this, but all it would do is add crunch to the salad )
2 green onions finely diced (I diced the green and white part of the onions)
1 cup sliced, seedless grapes (I used apples instead- granny smith are our favorite so far)
1/2 cup sliced almonds (I didn't use, but again would add crunch)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried parsley, which is what I used)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup mayonnaise (I found that 1 cup was too much for my taste. When I remade it I used 3/4 cup and it tasted better to me.)
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

In a medium bowl, whip cream to soft peaks. Combine meat, celery, green onion, grapes/apples, almonds, parsley, salt, and mayonnaise with whipped cream. Chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails