Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chicken "G"

I found this recipe when I was entering a contest on Pioneer Woman. I don't know why I ever try, there are always thousands of people who enter before I even hear about the 1-day long contests. But her prizes are always so cool! Oh well, my kitchen isn't really big enough for lots of cool kitchen gadgets. Anyways, back to the recipe. It comes from the recipe search engine that PW started called Tasty Kitchen and it was really good! I've never made chicken cutlets before, but it was really easy and since the chicken is thin, it doesn't take very long to cook. The only thing I'll change for next time is to make more of a sauce by adding around 2 cans of tomato sauce. I served it over spaghetti and the pasta just needed a little more of a dressing than the original recipe made. I'll definitely be making this again!

Chicken "G"

  • 1 pound (2 Pieces) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
  • 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • ½ cups Chopped Onion
  • 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
  • ½ teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning (didn't use)
  • 1 cup Canned Diced Tomatoes, Any Flavor Or Brand (I used Italian Stewed tomatoes that I chopped)
  • 1 can (8 Oz. Can) Mushroom Pieces & Stems, Undrained (I chopped the mushrooms)
  • 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning (I didn't use since my tomatoes had it already)
  • ½ cups Halved Stuffed Green Olives (I didn't use these)

Place the chicken breast halves between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Pound flat to a little more than 1/4 inch with the flat side of a meat mallet or heavy fry pan. (At this point, I cut each of the cutlets in 1/2 so I ended up with 4 smaller pieces of chicken)

In a large fry pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.

Sprinkle the chicken with the lemon-pepper seasoning. Saute quickly over medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Remove to a plate and keep warm.

Add tomatoes, mushrooms, onion-garlic mixture, and Italian seasoning to pan. Warm through. Add chicken. Cover and cook over low heat until juices run clear, about 5-10 minutes.

Add the olives. Warm through. If the juices are too thin, make a slurry out of 1 tablespoon flour and 1/4 cup of water. Whisk in, and cook until thickened.

To complete this meal, serve with a salad and garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails