- 1 pound (2 Pieces) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cups Chopped Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning (didn't use)
- 1 cup Canned Diced Tomatoes, Any Flavor Or Brand (I used Italian Stewed tomatoes that I chopped)
- 1 can (8 Oz. Can) Mushroom Pieces & Stems, Undrained (I chopped the mushrooms)
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning (I didn't use since my tomatoes had it already)
- ½ cups Halved Stuffed Green Olives (I didn't use these)
Place the chicken breast halves between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Pound flat to a little more than 1/4 inch with the flat side of a meat mallet or heavy fry pan. (At this point, I cut each of the cutlets in 1/2 so I ended up with 4 smaller pieces of chicken)
In a large fry pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Sprinkle the chicken with the lemon-pepper seasoning. Saute quickly over medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
Add tomatoes, mushrooms, onion-garlic mixture, and Italian seasoning to pan. Warm through. Add chicken. Cover and cook over low heat until juices run clear, about 5-10 minutes.
Add the olives. Warm through. If the juices are too thin, make a slurry out of 1 tablespoon flour and 1/4 cup of water. Whisk in, and cook until thickened.
To complete this meal, serve with a salad and garlic bread.