Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Swiss Chicken

This is a recipe my made frequently when I was growing up. It is really yummy! I've found that it doesn't really matter what type of cheese you use, even though the recipe calls for swiss cheese. I like swiss, but I never have it on hand due to budgeting. I've used cheddar, monterey jack cheddar, and mozzarella as substitutions and it's been delicious everytime. So give it a try with what you have on hand. You can even use shredded cheese if that's what you have. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Swiss Chicken

4 chicken breasts
4 slices of swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
1/2 box of chicken flavored stuffing mix
2 Tbl butter, melted

Place chicken in baking pan and cover with cheese. Mix soup and milk together and then pour on top of chicken. Top with stuffing mix. Drizzle butter over stuffing and bake at 375 F for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails