Monday, September 7, 2009

Homemade hamburger buns

I've been trying lately to make most of our bread products from scratch to save a little extra money. I'd like to say I make all of them, but nobody's perfect! These hamburger buns were really good and soft! Plus they were easy and didn't take too much time to make. They are a little dense, but that's because of the short rise time. The whole batch makes a lot- I quartered the batch since it looked like a lot and got 5 buns, so I'd assume a full batch would make around 20, depending on the size. I got this recipe from Wheat Cookin' Made Easy by Pam Crockett.

Quick & Easy Thirty Minute Hamburger Buns

3-1/2 cups warm tap water
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
6 Tbl yeast
1 Tbl salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
10-1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I used regular bread flour)

Combine water, sugar, oil and yeast. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 F. Add remaining ingredients to yeast mixture and mix well. Shape into rolls or hamburger buns.

Place on a greased cookie sheet, about 12 to a sheet, and let rise for 10 to 12 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails