Thursday, September 9, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe comes from an old ward cookbook my mom gave me, but was submitted by one of my all-time favorite youth leaders I had- Amy Robinson. Amy was (and still is) a great role model for me and helped me to really find who I was. These cookies are best the day they are baked and the day after. They are similar to banana bread in that they get softer and stickier/gooier as they sit. It's a great way to use up bananas without having to fall back on the same ol' banana bread. These are delicious and I will be making them again!

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup canned milk (I used regular 1% milk and it turned out fine)
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
Chocolate chips (I used 1-1/2 cups)
Mix all inredients. Bake at 350*F for 9 to 11 minutes (mine took 11 minutes- they don't brown very much on the top, so make sure they are set and if you are doubting, check the undersides for brownness with a spatula).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails