Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Meatless Chili

This is the best chili I have ever had--which automatically makes it the best I've ever made. Of course, it being the only chili I've ever made also makes it the best I've ever made.

I found it in a copy of Woman's Day magazine--which I love--and liked it so much I wrote it down. This version is slightly different, since I had to work with what I had, but it tastes so good! And it's not too spicy--just enough kick. And best of all, it's easy! So easy that even I, the Slow-Cooker Idiot, can succeed!

1 small onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can of kidney beans, rinsed
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 c. frozen corn
1 can diced tomatoes, do not drain!
about 1 cup of water
2 T. cocoa powder
2 T. chili powder
1/2 t. hot pepper sauce--if you don't like any kick at all, this is what you want to leave out
2 t. cumin
a handful of chopped cilantro (not a biggy if you don't have it, but it's good, you should have it)

Directions:
1. In a slow cooker, mix all ingredients but the cilantro. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
2. Stir in cilantro.
3. Serve with sour cream and cheese and corn bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails