Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oh-So-Peachy Cake

This recipe comes from the "Gooseberry Patch Cake Mixes" cookbook. I've eyed it ever since I got the book from my mom, and so I made it to take with me to a church meeting a couple of weeks ago. It was yummy! It does puff up quite a bit in the pan, but then sinks as it cools (or at least that's what mine did). So just make sure you leave plenty of room for the cake to rise. Also, the cream cheese topping was hard to spread on top of the peaches so I might actually heat it up in the microwave until it's runny and then just drizzle it on top. Enjoy!

Oh-So-Peachy Cake

18-1/4 oz. pkg. yellow cake mix (I had a butter cake mix on hand that I used)
3-1/2 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1 c. water
1 c. oil
29-oz. can sliced peaches, drained and juices reserved
1 c. sugar
8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

Combine first 5 ingredients; mix well. Spread in a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking pan; arrange peach slices on top. Set aside. Blend sugar, cream cheese and 5 Tbl. reserved peach juice together until smooth and creamy; pour over peach slices. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Makes 12 to 15 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails