Monday, June 8, 2009

Omelette for Two

Before I give this amazing breakfast recipe, I want to apologize for not having posted very many recipes last month or for this month so far. I'm almost out of my first trimester of my pregnancy, so I should be better about actually cooking. So thanks for your patience! I wish I could say that I made this recently because it's delicious! My mom actually made something similar to it when I was visiting her this weekend, which is what reminded me of it. I'll probably make her version sometime and then share it with you! But until then, give this one a whirl. You won't be disappointed!

Omelette for Two

1/4 lb. bacon (or you could use leftover ham, or even browned sausage, or I've left it out too and it's still good)
1 Tbl. butter
1 c. medium yukon gold potatoes (~2; I used regular potatoes and they work fine or if you have hashbrowns in the freezer, they'd work, too)
1/2 c. chopped yellow onion
6 eggs
2 Tbl. milk or cream
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. (or more :) ) extra cheddar cheese

Dice, cook, and drain bacon. Cook butter, onions, and potatoes about 10 minutes, or until tender. Beat eggs, milk and pepper. Stir in cheese. Put potato mixture into egg mixture. Place in greased pie pan and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until puffed and set in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails