Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies came from an old ward cookbook with the recipe submitted by Sara Cook. The original title is Mrs. Field's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies and had an oatmeal variation, which I used, and is what I've posted below. We loved these cookies! In fact, I had to freeze half of them so I wouldn't spoil my diet! And the good news is they freeze well. I just pull a couple out, throw them in a ziploc baggie and then toss the bag into my husband's lunch and they're perfectly thawed by the time he eats! We will definitely make these again! I did change the full cup of butter to 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup shortening, and I changed the oven temperature as well to keep the cookies soft. And they turned out a lot better that way than the previous time I made these. But I have adapted the recipe to include how I made the delectable cookies.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Cream together:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Then add:

1-3/4 cups flour
2-1/4 cups oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (if you used salted butter, only use 1/2 tsp salt)
3 cups chocolate chips (if you use an electric mixer, I'd suggest stirring these in by hand so the chips stay intact)

Bake at 375*F for 8 to 10 minutes. (my oven took 8.5 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails