Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cheesy Breadsticks

My mom got this recipe off the internet a long time ago, and if I remember right, they are supposed to be a mock Pizza Hut breadstick recipe. Although, I don't think they taste similar at all. I like these sticks because they aren't greasy but they are soft and the cheese and seasonings is great on top. This does make a whole baking sheet of breadsticks, so either make 'em for a crowd or scale them down.

Cheesy Breadsticks
Dough:
1-1/3 cup warm water
3 Tbl olive oil
4 cup flour (I used bread flour)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp oregano
3 Tbl powdered milk (if you don't have, substitute 1/2-3/4 cup of the water for milk)
2 tsp yeast
Topping:
2 Tbl dry Parmesan cheese
1 Tbl garlic powder
1 Tbl garlic salt (I left this out)
1 Tbl onion powder
1 Tbl oregano
1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese, optional

Add dough ingredients to the bread machine in order and set to first rise. Roll dough out into a rectangle 1/2" to 3/4" thick. Cut dough into 1"x4" strips. Place on greased cookie sheet and let rise. Meanwhile, stir the topping seasoning together with the cheese. Brush the breadsticks with olive oil. Sprinkle with topping and bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. (I think I actually just rolled the dough out onto my baking sheet, added the topping, let rise and then baked and cut them when they came out of the oven.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails