Sunday, May 30, 2010

Citrus Water Punch

This is such a refreshing drink and I'm excited to make it in the summer! It tastes like a limeade, and is sooooo good! It tastes better than store bought lemonade/limeade and is a lot healthier for you, too! Thanks to Melanie from My Kitchen Cafe for the recipe! You can find the citric acid at most health food stores (if you live in Rexburg, ID- I found some at Nature's Nook). Make this! You'll be glad you did!


Citrus Water Punch

2 tablespoons citric acid (you can find this at most pharmacies or natural food stores)
5 quarts water
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons pure lemon extract
3 sliced lemons
3 sliced limes
Crushed ice

In a large pitcher or punch bowl, stir water, sugar, citric acid, and lemon extract together. Add sliced fruit and ice.

A note from Melanie: *Note: as mentioned by commenters (and I’ve received emails about it), if you have leftover punch, remove the sliced limes and lemons before refrigerating. The limes and lemons will give the punch an overly sour acidic taste if the punch is stored overnight that way.

2 comments:

  1. This really sounds and looks thirst quenching! I wonder if I can omit citric acid and add more lemon extract instead. Can I also add ginger ale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punch Recipes-
    I'm sure you could add some sort of soda to it, I'm not sure about ginger ale, though. Lemon-lime or just club soda would probably work best. I would just substitute it for the water. But lemon extract isn't the same thing as the citric acid, so I would think you'd need it still. But if you try it, please share how it works out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails