Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chicken Fajitas

I make fajitas every once in a while, but I haven't posted them yet because I never measure anything. Then I found this recipe with measured ingredients that tastes just like the ones I always make, so I thought I would post it since it would be a better guide to those of you who want to try them. This recipe comes from Gluten Free in Hawaii via my mom.


Chicken Fajitas


4-6 Chicken Breasts(depending on how many people you are feeding) cut into strips
1 Tbs. oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 c. lime juice
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper
1 onion sliced
1 red bell pepper sliced and 1 yellow pepper sliced (I used 2 green peppers since they were cheaper)
tortillas (taco size work best, but any will do)

In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. add chicken and garlic. saute' until chicken is browned, add red pepper and onion. add lime juice and spices. cook on medium heat until onion and pepper are tender and chicken is cooked through.

Put into tortillas or lettuce leaves. Top with cheese and sour cream or any favorite toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to share your own ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails